Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
Understanding Proper Revenue Recognition
March 6, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm EST$249
This is the first of the trifecta of changes that will be changing the face of financial reporting over the next three years (for public firms) and next four (for private firms). The first is Revenue Recognition (2018), the second Leasing (2019) and finally CELC (2020) (Current Expected Loss Calculation). Each of these will be required one year later for private firms.
This new standard is the most transformational change in the history of the FASB. It will touch nearly every company. But even many public companies are not ready for the implementation. For some companies, revenues will be accelerated. For others, it will be postponed. For some, it will never appear. But it is not only revenues that are at issue. Expenses recognition patterns will also change. This will have implications on not just earnings but incentive compensation calculations. It will impact all aspects of a company.
If you are a loan officer, credit officer, loan underwriter, accountant, financial analyst or loan reviewer you will need to be prepared on how to interpret the new statements. Otherwise you may be missing great opportunities to lend or invest. You may also miss out on opportunities to consult with the business community to get additional leads.
By attending this webinar, you will gain:
- A High level understanding of the overall new standard
- Implications of the new standard on the balance sheet and income statement of
- Side by side comparison of the reporting to use to develop analysis templates
- How revenue can disappear especially in a merger or acquisition
- Implications for gift cards and certificates
- How your risk rating system may be impacted